Saturday, November 8, 2008

Aussies endangered

Battlers in the Bush is the newest articale I found in the Sunday paper on the 1st Feb09.
It makes me feel ashamed to be human when we put our planet partners into such jepordy.







aussie's endangered....
No not the human kind, the animals of Australia are having so much pressure put upon them that they are DYING OUT. EXTINCTION is what it is called.
I have been following these stories in the weekend paper for sometime now and the artical posted on my blog today is the first one to draw my attention to it in a big way. It is what influenced me to make my wee Bilbies for the Taiwan Teddy Olympics.
NOW forgive me if I am wrong but I believe that g
Greenies ,government and other interested bodies have been tackling this issue since I was a child. How the frigging hell has the world come to this if people have been fighting to save the world for so long?
Let one mining company into Arnhem land and now every mongrel wants in. When will it stop?!!!!
I shall over the next few weeks add the clippings of the animal plight that I have collected this year.
***click on photos to enlarge to read the articles.



This is a Steve Parish photo of a pair of Bilbies.
http://www.everythingaustralian.com/stpasobo.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/bilby?method=8

3 comments:

Raggy Rat said...

i liked your olympic bilbies
but man, i still dont know what a bilbie is !

Raggy Rat said...

blibies look like - kangaroo style rabbits !

Matilda said...

blibies look like - kangaroo style rabbits !

aaahhhh... yeah kinda. hehehe
They make chocolate ones at easter.
Yummmmm choc o late....